Cemetery Established in not known, area of 0.58 hectares, brick fence, preserved about 400 tombstones, including a number of valuable historical value.
Synagogue preserved foundations and part of the basement of the former, destroyed by the Germans during the war synagogue. After the war was extended with the building, which houses today: Puppet Theatre and Art Exhibitions Bureau.
Founded synagogue is not known; house of prayer, active.
The cemetery, founded in 1849, area of 2.4 hectares, brick fence, preserved about 400 tombstones.
Next to the mortuary of the Jewish cemetery, neglected and ruined, now in off-site on the initiative and at the expense of Nisenbaumów Family Foundation.
In 1765 in Bielsko expelled living there before the Jews. Re-Jewish settlement began in the nineteenth century, but only in the suburbs. The prayer house was launched in 1831, the cemetery – in 1849. The municipality was founded only in 1865 under the name “Community Izraelicka Lipnik near Biala” Lipnik before the war became a suburb and was absorbed by the city. The Jews in Bielsko came from Moravia, Slovakia and the Western Small-Polish. With the exception of the association Chevra Kadisha all community institutions were common for the White and White-rock. They were m.in .: progressive synagogue (with choir), the school Talmud-Torah, Talmud School Marbic-Torah (in their own building with primary school) Hebrew school open, safe interest-free Gmilas Chesed. In Bielsko lived and taught two well-known rabbis: SZH Halbersztam and Saul Horo-witz (1888-1895). Prior to the outbreak of war in 1939 in Bielsko-Biala was home to about 4,700 Jews, most of them were connected professionally with the industry textile industries. Germans as early as 13 September 1939 destroyed the upper floors of the synagogue. In the summer of 1941 created a ghetto was liquidated in czerwcu.1942 the deportation of the entire Jewish population to the extermination camp at Auschwitz.
At the edge of the so-called new cemetery, ruins of a synagogue in very poor condition (crumbling). Year of construction is not known.
The cemetery, founded in the eighteenth century, after the 1.9-hectare surface, brick fence, preserved about 500 tombstones.
The cemetery, founded in the nineteenth century, the area of 0.75 hectares, brick fence, preserved about 100 tombstones. On the edge of the cemetery ruin synagogue.
Monument, the Jewish cemetery Set on the mass grave of several-ten Jews were shot and buried here in 1944.
The synagogue, Year of construction is not known, after the war, used as a warehouse, a youth club and offices, recently converted into a department store with a capacity of approximately 3000 m.
Synagogue Year of construction is not known, now a restaurant.
The cemetery, located approximately 3 km from Kety, on the outskirts of Vitkovice Founded not known, residue
0.13 hectare surface, brick fence with a gate, partly devastated, about 30 tombstones preserved.
The cemetery, on the road to Kamesznica Founded not known, area of 0.18 hectares, about 30 tombstones preserved.
Museum, on the site of the former concentration camp in Oświęcimu and Birkenau, the surviving part of the original camp buildings and equipment Founded in April 1940, first in Oswiecim (Auschwitz) existed and functioned until January 1945. Germany headed here tran-sport prisoners of various nationalities in Europe. In 1942 he launched a concentration camp in Brzezinka (Birkenau), and later in numerous sub-camps. other places. Hundreds of thousands of people died as a result of disease, hunger, torturing, overwork and summary executions; only a few dozen people survived. Since spring 1942, the Germans brought here tran-sport Jews (Polish and other countries) sent them directly to the gas chambers, corpses were burned in the fencing-mnych crematoria or on pyres. After the occupation of the camp by the Red Army, Soviet experts have estimated the number of victims on the spot 4 000 000. Later historians, including Israel, have questioned this figure, assessing her roses
No, from 1 200 000 to 2 000 000 people, which does not detract from the horrors of the genocide. In general, however, in the literature almost always lists the number of 4 000 000 victims of the camp.
Monument at the Birkenau at the site where the victims were killed by gas, erected after the war Inter-National Monument to the Victims of Fascism. The foundation was laid urn with the pro-Chami victims; also laid plaques commemorating the victims of all on-rodowości who died here.
Synagogue, the Jewish Museum and Center.
Cemetery, perhaps too-it was submitted XVI or XVII Large 1.17 hectare brick wall, saved about 1,000 tombstones. Ordered and renewed in 1980. The first Jews settled in Auschwitz in 1563, in 1588 built a synagogue and probably founded the cemetery. In 1765, 1,337 Jews lived there, and in 1921 -4950 years (accounted for 40% of the population of the city)
Year of construction is not known, no further data.
Cemetery, not far Wilamowic Founded not known, post-top 1 hectare, fenced , much devastated, about 20 tombstones preserved.
Synagogue Year of construction is not known, no further data.
The cemetery was founded in the nineteenth century, the brick fence, preserved about 150 tombstones.
Wall, inside the high school building plaque with the names of professors and alumni who died during the war, including Jews.
Cemetery Established in not known, after-surface of 0.4 hectares, not fenced, about 50 tombstones preserved.
The cemetery, founded in the nineteenth century, the area of 0.5 hectares, the remains of a brick fence and about 200 tombstones.
Cemetery Street. Sobieski Founded in 1874, area of 0.12 hectares, fence wall and grid, devastated, preserved 8 on-grobków; with fragments of broken tombstones were built lapidary.
Cemetery Street. Heroes of the Ghetto Established in not known, after-surface of 0.5 ha, do not be fenced-ny, devastated, keel-kanaście preserved gravestones, mostly after-turning of; legible tombstone Libaczów family, cherished bakers from Niepołomice.
Monument, in the area known as Goat Hill Set to mass graves on the edge of Niepołomicka Forest, at the place where on 26 and 27 August 1942, the Germans shot około.700 Jews from Krakow and the surrounding area, including the entire staff of the Jewish hospital of Wieliczka.
Founded cemetery is not known, area of 0.36 hectares, not fenced, heavily devastated, no tombstones.
Cemetaur of ul. Founded Waryńskiego not known, after-surface 0.36 hectares, not fenced, heavily devastated – there is no graves.
The cemetery, on the road to morel Founded not known, not fenced, vandalized and destroyed, there is no trace – a wooded area.
Cemetery No data, no location.
Monument, in the woods Cheerful the road Krakow-Warsaw near Słomniki Set in a place where Germans in August 1942 shot 163 Jews from among thousands held without food and water meadows under Słomnikami being deported to the death camp in Belzec. .
Cemetery, in the area known as Grabówka Founded in the eighteenth century, after-surface 1.92 hectares, not fenced, about 50 tombstones preserved; mass graves.
Monument, the Jewish cemetery Placed among the mass graves of about 1,000 Jews from Wieliczka murdered by the Germans in subsequent executions in the years 1939-1942. Self-organized municipality powstalła Mine until the second post-mid-nineteenth century. In 1890, 614 Jews lived here, in 1921. 1700, just before the war – about 1,300 Jews. Germany in August .7.942 was deported about 8,000 Jews from Wieliczka and neighboring towns to the Belzec death camp, 500 people to the labor camp in Stalowa Wola, and 200 to the camp in Plaszow, near Krakow.
Monument, the road to Grodek, not far from the monastery monument with a plaque on the mass grave of Jews murdered here in August 1942.
The synagogue was built in the mid-eighteenth century, in the interior – lace workshop and exhibition hall of Judaica, on the outer wall of the building information commemorative plaque.
The cemetery located about 2 km from the center of the village Founded not known, area of 0.75 hectare, fenced grid, preserved about 100 on-grobków, including the tomb of the famous tzaddik from Bobowa Halbersztam. Mass graves of many Jews from tere-nu Podhala, being shot here by the Germans in 1939-45.
Jewish home in a wooden cottage-type highlander, before the war inhabited by a Jewish family, on a beam under the ceiling drewanianym cut Star of David, Hebrew inscription and the date 1914.
Synagogue, near the market Year of construction is not known, now – magazines municipal cooperatives.
The cemetery, on the road to Rabka Founded not known, not fenced, destroyed, preserved only a few tombstones.
The synagogue after the war rebuilt into a bakery; recently it decided that the bakery will be liquidated and the building of the former synagogue rebuild itself into a concert hall for located near the school musical.
The synagogue, now the fire brigade. On the outer wall plaque.
The cemetery on the so-called Mount Cemetery (under the military cemetery) Founded not known, the 1.59-hectare surface, brick fence, preserved about 500 tombstones and numerous fragments. In 1942-43 the Jewish cemetery was the site of mass executions. In 1947 the initiative v. Jacob Poller of smashed tombstones built lapidary, moreover, was brought to the cemetery exhumed the remains of those killed in various areas of the city and its surroundings Jews were buried in two common graves and covered them recovered tombstones.
Monument erected in the Jewish cemetery in the lower part of the cemetery in honor of the victims of mass executions here by the Germans in 1942-43.
The stone monument set on the spot where 17 and 18 August 1942, during the liquidation of the ghetto, the Germans murdered dozens of Jews.
Plaque on the building of the former synagogue in-built plaque commemorating about 2,500 Jews murdered during the occupation by the Germans. The inscription: “To commemorate the mass executions and the extermination of Jews in our after-world in the years 1939-1945. Founder of PSS in Gorlitz “.
Plaque on the building called “Buciarnia” located under the German occupation labor camp for Jews. It commemorates the fact that in August 1942 during the liquidation of the ghetto the Nazis murdered here a few dozen Jews. In the second half of the eighteenth century lived in Gorlitz only a few Jewish families in the nineteenth century was much more numerous settlements, Jews engaged in trade of grain and wine. In 1900, lived 3297 Jews (50% of the population of the city), just before the war – more than 4,500 Jews. In September 1939, the Germans destroyed the synagogue. They established the Judenrat, headed become Henry Arnold, in 1941 established a ghetto. In the summer of 1942 began the deportations to labor camps in Pustko-knows Plaszow, Frysztak, and to Gorlitz Germany brought Jews from neighboring towns. In August 1942 were executed 700 Jews, in September there were mass deportations to death camps in Belzec and to labor camps in Muszyna and Rzeszow. After the war he returned only 30 families.
The synagogue, going from the first house on the market for a break in the building street Year of construction is not known, neglected, until recently locksmith’s shop; recently conducted an adaptation of building the house of culture.
Cemetery for the Catholic cemetery should walk down the street Graveyard, the Jewish cemetery 200 m behind the garbage dump
Founded in the nineteenth century, the area of 0.35 hectare, fenced grid, about 50 tombstones preserved.
Judaica at the Museum Deanery Grybowskiego (in the building of the local rectory) are exhibited Judaica, including Torah scrolls and other religious objects that the Jews gave to priests on Re-hiding, the Germans deported to death camps.
Cemetery area of 0.58 hectares, the remains of the brick fence and two tombstones.
The so-called Zydownia, on the outskirts of Frączki puzzling building, known by the local population “Żydownią,” which before the war belonged to the Jews, but the function of the building is not known, and after the war it housed a school and mi-kite for teachers, today – the building abandoned and bad technical condition.
The cemetery fenced grid, devastated, survived only one gravestone
The cemetery, founded in the nineteenth century, the area of 0.16 hectares, not fenced, unkempt and cluttered, preserved about 100 tombstones, some of which knocked down to the ground.
Cemetery area of 0.4 hectare, fenced grid, about 30 tombstones preserved.
The cemetery fenced grid, preserved about 400 tombstones.
The cemetery area of 0.23 hectares, not fenced, devastated, about 20 tombstones preserved.
Cemetery area of 0.02 hectare, fenced grid, retained a few tombstones; in a separate, fenced-site monument – here the Germans shot several Jews.
Monument, the so-called Field of the Lord on two 881 mass graves of Jews from Mszana Dolna and other places, were shot here by the Germans 19 August 1942 year.
The graves • During the occupation the Germans made in Munkaczu several executions of Jews, victims of crime are buried in the collective-rowych graves.
The cemetery, on the slope of Malnik, in the woods (near the yellow trail to Szczawnica) area is 0.3 hectares, not fenced, overgrown lollipops, preserved about 100 tombstones.
Monument, Aderówce, tombstone plate on the mass grave of 22 Jews shot by the Germans in May 1942.
Currently synagogue museum
Cemetery area of 3.19 hectares, preserved about 200 tombstones. The cemetery during the German occupation was the site of mass executions, the victims were buried in mass graves. Recently
someone in the cemetery built ohel, probably associated with the memory of Nowy Sacz cadykach.
Monument to the Jewish cemetery Set to mass graves about 25 000 Jews were shot here and buried by the Germans in subsequent executions from April 1942 until January 1945.
The first historical mention of Jews living in Nowy Sacz from 1409 years. In 1503, the famous Jewish practiced here ophthalmologist Abraham. In 1746 – O-built Great Synagogue. In 1765, 609 Jews lived in the nineteenth century was a separate Jewish quarter. Nowy Sacz soon became an important center of Hasidic thought and science, since in 1830 he founded his court here tzaddik Chaim Halberstam (Aryeh Leib ben Chaim Halberstam, 1793-1896, brother in law of Rabbi Majzelsa from Krakow), creator of a new heavy-direction in Hasidism, a supporter modesty and simplicity in everyday life. Sqcz of Hasidim and their supporters in other cities Zanzer commonly called Chasidim. In 1880, there were 5163 Jews (46% of the population), engaged in tailoring, grawernictwem, trade in timber and agricultural products. In 1910, there were 7990 Jews (32% of the population), in 1921, 9009 Jews. Jewish library was open, jeszywa, Hebrew school and Jewish sports clubs. Just before the war lived there about 10 000 Jews, moreover, around 5000. Germany headed here in March 1940 transport of 700 Jews from Lodz, in August 1941 –
They established a ghetto. In Roznow and Lipka they built two labor camps for Jews. In April 1942 a mass execution of members of Poale Zion. In August 1942 the entire Jewish population was deported to the death camp in Belzec.
The synagogue, Small storey building, after the war, busy at locksmiths and so used to this day.
Synagogue Year of construction is not known, at present cinema; Several years ago, it was still visible baroque interior it has been faded during the last reconstruction.
Cemetery area of 0.58 hectare, fenced grid, severely devastated’s kept about 40 tombstones. Mass graves of Nazi victims. The cemetery was devastated after the war, on the management of the former local authorities were taken from the cemetery gravestones to harden the street not far from the old market place (now a park), perhaps graves are still there.
Kahal house, Year of construction is not known, before the war headquarters of the Jewish community during the Nazi occupation – the building of the Judenrat furrier workshop and a private flat.
Monument Street. John Paul II at the Jewish cemetery in the years 1939 to 1942 the Germans shot here in a few executions, 2,900 Jews from Nowy Targ and the surrounding area, on the mass graves of the victims set up after the war pedestal with a commemorative plaque.
Cemetery poierzchnia 0.04 hectares, not fenced, heavily devastated, surviving a few tombstones.
Judaica In the regional museum (open on Sunday from 9.00 to 13.00) a small exhibition of Judaica, including collection of old photographs (from the beginning of the century), documenting the life and customs of the Jewish community. Municipal law gave Piwniczna Kazi-measure the Great, Jews lived here as early as the fourteenth century, dealing with trade with Hungary. They had their own small synagogue, but subject to the Jewish community in Nowy Sacz. Before World War I there was a significant increase in the number of Jews (in connection with the development bathing) and founded an independent municipality. The active before the war Jewish library and reading room.
Cemetery, outside the village Founded not known, not fenced, about 50 tombstones preserved.
Monument, on the slope crest, in the woods, was built on one of the many mass graves of Jews by the Germans kept bringing here at night in 1940-42 and were shot here.
Monument Erected on the grave 3 Jews were shot on the spot by the Germans in March 1942.
Plaque on an old Catholic cemetery Placed on the mass grave of Jews were shot here, buried together with rozstrzelanymi field-hands.
Monument, in the area known as the Sands, on the Poprad boulder with a plaque on the spot where the Germans in 1942 made executions french-input about 400 Jews.
Plaque in the forest Garbacz, Placed on the mass grave
700 Jews from Gorlice and Bobowa shot here by the Germans 14 August 1942 year.
Monument obelisk erected at the mass grave of 39 Jews, mostly sick and infirm, were shot here by the Germans in July 1942.
The Inn of the house of prayer only registered so far in Poland old inn Jewish, wood, style highland Lemko cottages, built in the early twentieth century. In one room there was a proper pub and shop, in the second – a house of prayer for Jews living in the village. The building is in good condition, his behavior and renovation endeavors Circle of Protection of Monuments in the leaf Gorlickie.
Cemetery Established in not known, after-surface 0.08 hectares, not fenced, very run down, there is no on-grobków, preserved only fragments of broken tombstones.
Monument in the wilderness Niepołomicka in the Superintendence Domenia, not far donuts, approx. 1.5 km from the highway Memorial plate with the inscription in Polish and Hebrew on the mass graves of about 500 Jews from the ghetto in Bochnia, executed here by the Germans on August 25 1942 years. Before keel-ku years ago, the area was fenced and planted spruces.
The synagogue, its construction started before the war in 1932 and ultimately not completed until 1939; partially destroyed, used by the Germans as a warehouse and later abandoned and decaying. In 1988 began the renovation of the building for use as offices.
Synagogue Street. Waryńskiego, corner on the ground floor of the building housed the war room to the house of prayer; now is open a restaurant here, “Sutoris”.
Synagogue Street. Corner 5 The existing to this day the building was a house of prayer (not known whether Hasidic, or other).
The cemetery in the eastern part of the town, about 1 lun of the market, on a hill called Krzeczkowa Founded in 1872, the area of 1 hectare, fenced grid, preserved about 700 tombstones, some after-walonych, older Hebrew inscriptions on the newer well as German and