Auschwitz Tour From Krakow
Private or group visit of Auschwitz with tour guide and private transportation from Krakow.
Local Auschwitz Guide
Experianced educator and certified guide by State Auschwitz Museum
Pick up from your hotel, airport or rail station with comfortable air-conditioned Mercedes and English speaking driver/guide assistance
Day of reflection in the largest cemetery in the world guided tour up to 4 hours of Auschwitz Memrorial and Museum
7 hours tour
Up to 4 hours visit of Memorial and Museum Auschwitz and Birkenau, 3 hours total travel time from and to Krakow
Number of persons
From 1 to 8 or 9+
Details & itinerary
The infamous Auschwitz concentration camp was epicenter of attempted annihilation of the Jews. Over the course of 5 years prisoners were brought to death by exhaustion of work, starvation, disease and deathly violence but most were put to death in this gas chamber. This was a place where prisoner life expectancy was usually 3 to 4 months, most of Jews just after arrival were sent to the gas chamber and murdered.
Auschwitz is now a museum, the one with a deeply sinister feeling. On displayed items confiscated by the Nazis suitcases that still show the names of the victims, the entire quarter surrounded by close to 100 thousand shoes, even a mass of the mind-boggling display of the human hair. The rest of the things stolen from victims were cleaned, sorted out and distributed among German civilians or soldiers. In 1941 when the Nazis decided the original Camp wasn’t big enough to accommodate their murderous ambitions they expend it creating Birkenau just 3km down the road. People were transported here in overcrowded rail cars.Today in the middle of the platform there is an example of such a train. The lucky ones were warehoused in the rows upon rows of barracks, at its peak more than 90,000 prisoners were here at a time. Many more whose fate let them directly to homogeneous gas chambers to murdered and later their bodies burned in the crematorium.
- Visit to main exhibitions located at camp’s original blocks that were dormitories for prisoners
- Exposition about deportations, process of selection and extermination of European Jews and reasons why inmates of different nationalities were imprisoned in Auschwitz
- Enlarged photographs from Auschwitz Album, the only existing photographic proof of the process leading to the extermination of Jews in Auschwitz Birkenau
- Model, blueprints and metal parts of destroyed crematoria no.II
- Zyklon B canisters used for mass murder in the gas chambers
- One of the most dramatic evidence of Nazi crimes the hair of Victims
- Learn to topography of the camp, the daily lives of prisoners and the Nazi torture system
- Camp jail at block 11 called by prisoners a "Death Block". The site of investigations and brutal tortures
- The remains of the first gas chamber and the crematorium
- Vast fields of Birkenau concetration camp barracks located at the area of 175 hectares
- Birkenau extermination centert that is maintained today as Memorial
- The railway platform which was left almost untouched, served as the place of selection of European Jewry
- The ruins of the largest gas chambers and crematoria no.II and III
What You Should Bring
Comfortable shoes about 3 km to walk on uneven pavments, bottle of water. Visit to the biggest cemetery in the world needs special behavior it is stricly forbidden to bring food, bagpacks and bags bigger larger then 30cmx20cmx10cm.
Best Times for This Excursion
I recommend to visit early in the morning or around noon time after crowds of tourists enter the Museum.
On request, the tour may be extended to vist Auschwitz Jewish Center with only the only remaining synagogue in Oswiecim/Auschwitz and site of Auschwitz III Monowic – IG Farben factory.
For Booking & Inquiries
For more details of your visit, availability and prices please contact us.